Tokyo James is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept appropriately secure as well as is processed fairly and lawfully.
Tokyo James ltd is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12089447 (referred to in this Policy as “we”, “us” and “our”).
- To analyse, profile and monitor customer patterns and better understand the interests and preferences of our key customer audiences so we can consistently improve our products and services.
- To offer an enhanced customer experience and service, including by ensuring we personalise the Site and Tokyo James updates and advertisements relating to products, services and events to make them more relevant to our customers’ specific preferences.
- To ensure the proper functioning and security of our services, Site and/or Applications, for example by identifying and preventing fraudulent transactions..
- To ensure we continue to comply with applicable laws, for example in maintaining the accuracy of our records.
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following information:
How Personal Information May Be Collected
Sources of Personal Information
Receiving and Unsubscribing from Tokyo James Updates
Tokyo James Updates
We will only send you Tokyo James updates about our products, services and events if you want to receive them (and, if required under applicable laws, you have provided your consent). You can opt out of receiving updates (which would signify withdrawing your consent if you have provided consent), at any time (see “Unsubscribe from Tokyo James updates” below).
Note that if you are registering an account with us (whether on our Site or Application or in-store) from the United States, or making a purchase on our Site from the United States for the first time or as a guest, you will need to uncheck the marketing consent box if you do not wish to receive Tokyo James updates.
Unsubscribe from Tokyo James Updates
If you are registered to receive Tokyo James updates relating to our products, services and events, and you no longer wish to receive these, you can request that we amend your preferences. You can do that either as indicated in the particular communication, e.g.by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all email updates, or by amending your preferences online (see ‘Your rights in relation to your personal information’ below). Tokyo James will stop sending updates in respect of which you opt out (or withdraw your consent, where applicable) within a reasonable period (as required by applicable law) and in any event within 28 days of receiving your request, in order to allow sufficient time for the change to be administered. If you opt out of receiving Tokyo James updates relating to our products, services and events, we may still send you non-marketing communications such as emails about your account or purchases you have made from the Site or Application, and/or emails to request and respond to feedback relating to us. We will only use your contact information where permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
Where we share your personal information with third parties, we will put in place contractual measures to require Service Providers to take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information, as required by applicable laws.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
You may have the right under applicable data protection laws to ask:
- for details of the personal information we hold and process about you (including information regarding how your information may be shared),
- for a copy of your personal information,
- that we correct your personal information where it is inaccurate and/or that we complete your information where it is incomplete,
- that we limit or restrict your personal information in certain cases,
- that we delete your personal information in certain cases,
- to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and for Tokyo James to transmit that data to another controller (data portability) in certain cases,
- to de-register your account if you have registered a customer account with us,
- to object and opt out of important decisions which were based solely on automated decision-making.
You can also limit or withdraw any consent you give to us at any time and may have the right under applicable law to object to us using your personal information for Tokyo James legitimate purposes. You may ask us for further information regarding withdrawal or refusal of consent and the consequences of such refusal. If you do withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of any previous processing based upon such consent.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or wish to change your preferences at any time, please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that we may require you to verify your identity in order to process a request made to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information. If we are unable to match this information, we may ask you to provide additional identifying information, such as a copy of your passport or drivers’ license. You may designate a third party to act on your behalf provided they have appropriate written authority to do so .
If you make a request to delete your personal information, note that we may not delete all of your information. We may still process your personal information if it is necessary to do so and we are lawfully permitted. For example, in the following circumstances:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide goods or services requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security and Maintenance: in the context of detecting and/or preventing security incidents, preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action, and/or to debug or repair any errors; or
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable laws or resolve legal claims or exercise rights under applicable laws and to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable privacy laws (to the extent permitted under applicable laws)
If you remain unhappy with a response you receive from us you can refer the matter to your local data protection supervisory authority (for example, see European authorities here http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm).
If you exercise any of your personal information rights detailed in this section, we will not discriminate against you and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Information
We will only keep your customer profile information for three years and/or as long as you remain an active customer (whichever is the longer, as set out further in the table below), or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws. Recordings of inbound calls to Customer Service are retained for 6 months unless it is reasonable or legally required in the circumstances to hold such recording(s) for a longer period (for example, due to a potential dispute, complaint or ongoing customer service enquiry).
We may need to retain certain personal information even once a customer account or profile has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving Tokyo James updates for the purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. When the applicable retention period has been reached and/or Tokyo James no longer requires your personal information for any of the purposes stated above, your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
Security and Third Party Links
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk.
We do however use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access wherever possible. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third-party service partners, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law.
Personal information provided to Tokyo James via the Site, Application and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL), encryption technology. When the letters “http” in the URL change to “https,” the “s” indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you are about to enter a secure area or display a padlock image. The Site and the Application use this encryption technology to protect your information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address and credit card number. Our customer service centre and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Last updated: January 28th, 2024